Deliciously smoky in its aroma, Cedarwood essential oil is extensively used in perfumery. Created via steam distilling the bark of cedar trees, this soothing and purifying oil can be both added to lotions to boost dry and lack lustre-looking skin and dropped into a base shampoo for healthy-looking and beautiful-smelling hair. Traditionally used by Native Americans to enhance their spiritual connections, Cedarwood oil can also be applied to your pulse points during morning meditation sessions, for an aromatic experience that’ll both ground and soothe your senses.
Young Living’s Cedarwood essential oil is created in Morocco and promises a woody scent with hints of citrus. It’s an especially important oil in the Young Living family as it features as a key ingredient in a variety of beloved blends, including decadent, rich Brain Power, and seductive, masculine Shutran®.
- Properties: Soothing and relaxing aroma.
- Perfect for: Supporting beautiful, healthy-looking skin or diluting with a carrier oil for a grounding massage experience.
- Blends well with: Lavender, Frankincense, and Rosemary essential oils.
How to Use Cedarwood Essential Oil
Topical: Apply to desired area. In case of sensitivity, dilute as needed in Young Living V-6®. Please note that it is important to avoid direct sunlight and UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying Cedarwood oil to the skin.
- Inhale directly from the bottle or apply to your hands and breathe deeply to enjoy a relaxing aroma.
- Bathing: Add a few drops into your favourite shampoo to enjoy a brilliant boost that’ll leave your locks looking luscious and healthy.
- Massage: Dilute a few drops into 10 ml of Young Living V-6® Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex, and massage into your shoulders and back for a grounding, spa-like experience.
- Perfume: Dab a drop onto pulse points and neckline for a smoky, signature scent.
Who will enjoy using Cedarwood Essential Oil?
- Those looking to surround their senses with a smoky, woody, and grounding fragrance.
- Those hoping to enhance their spiritual connection and meditative practices with a powerful aroma.
- Those hoping to boost their haircare and beauty routine with a skin and hair-loving essential oil.
Historically, Cedarwood was used by ancient Egyptians in ceremonial rites. Today, Young Living’s Cedarwood essential oil comes from Morocco, and it is created by steam distilling the bark of the tree. Cedarwood oil is a key ingredient in both Young Living’s Brain Power and Highest Potential essential oil blends and can be used in everything from perfumery and skincare to massages and shampoos.